In 1923, the church moved again to the McDonald Community Center Building, where the Post Office is currently located. Pews were bought from the Presbyterian Church in Girard. A permanent pulpit was built. Carpet was purchased for the aisles, and an organ was installed. For years, this is where the faithful met for worship.
On April 3, 1950, ground-breaking services were held at Ohio Avenue and Sixth Street for the building of a new church. On April 1, 1951, by a vote of the congregation, the name of the church was changed from The Mcdonald Methodist Church to The Woodland Park Methodist Church. On April 22, 1951, the congregation moved into the new church.
The total cost of the structure was $65,000. Most of the funds were raised through pledges. Other creative means were also employed, ranging from minstrel shows and auctions to pancake suppers and selling tea bags! The mortage was burned on May 8, 1957, and plans were announced for an additional education unit. In 1968, the present parsonage was built at a cost of $42,000 on lots on the corner of Pennsylvania Avenue and Seventh Street.
Major capital improvements were completed between 1982 and 1993, including 1) remodeling of the Fellowship Hall and Kitchen, 2) new roof for education building, 3) pavement of parking lot, 4) pew cushions, 5) sound system, 6) handicap access ramp, 7) system for the hearing impaired and 8) steeple renovation.
On March 24, 1953, 124 new members were received during Palm Sunday services. We continue this heritage of welcoming new members into our church family, as we "Worship the Lord with gladness and come into his presence with singing. For the Lord is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations." (Psalm 100:2,5)
*The Cross and Flame is a registered trademark and the use is supervised by the General Council on Finance and Administration of The United Methodist Church. Permission to use the Cross and Flame must be obtained from the General Council on Finance and Administration of The United Methodist Church