Become a Mission Today Unit
Complete a minimum of 10 of the following criteria, including five of those marked with an asterisk (*) to become a Mission Today Unit. Those units completing 12 of the criteria, including five of those marked with an asterisk will be a Silver Mission Today Unit. Those units who complete 18 items, including five of those marked with an asterisk, will be a Gold Mission Today Unit.
Units of 15 members or less must complete 5 of the asterisked (*) items to be a Mission Today Unit. Those units who complete an additional 2 items will be a Silver Mission Today Unit and those units who complete 10 items, including 5 asterisked, will be a Gold Mission Today Unit.
Mission Today Criteria
- *Use the Prayer Calendar at each general meeting of the unit to pray for people in mission and for our mission work with women, children and youth.
- *The unit will make and meet its pledge to mission.
- *The unit will add at least two members to its roll.
- *The unit will have at least two members subscribe to Response magazine.
- *The unit will use two programs from the Program Book during the year.
- *The unit, circle, or subgroup will conduct at least one Mission Study a year.
- *The unit will implement the Charter for Racial Justice Policies in at least one way during the year.
- At least one member of the unit (other than a conference or district officer) will attend the district or Conference School of Christian Mission.
- At least two members (other than a conference or district officer) will attend the district or conference annual meeting.
- The unit will have at least one person join the United Methodist Women's Action Network to receive and respond to legislative information.
- Members shall write to five people listed in the Prayer Calendar each year.
- The unit will participate in the Campaign for Children in at least two ways.
- The unit will be a Five Star unit, contributing to all five channels of Mission Giving.
- Each unit, circle, or subgroup will include a Response moment where an article from the magazine will be lifted up as a way to tell the mission story.
- Have a least two people from the unit complete one of the Reading Program Plans.
- The unit will invite a district or conference officer, other than that of a member of the unit, to one of the unit meetings during the year.
- Make a pledge to care for God's creation and become a "Green" United Methodist Women unit.
- Hold a Mini-Spiritual Growth Retreat or have at least one person attend a District or Conference retreat.
- Other: Describe a program or activity done by your unit that is consistent with Mission Today Goals.