PECK'S MEMORIAL UNITED METHODIST WOMEN
of United Methodist Women
|The organized unit
of United Methodist Women shall be a community of women whose purpose is to know God and
experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ; to develop a creative,
supportive fellowship; and to expand concepts of mission through participation in the
global ministries of the church.
Membership is open
to all interested women.
|Peck's Memorial United Methodist Women are
organized for Mission with our activities falling into four Mission Areas.
- Devotions at each meeting
- Promotion of Bible study
- Learn of a person from the Bible at each meeting
- Call to Prayer and Self-Denial meditation and offering
- World Thank Offering
- Keep members aware of public policy and legistlative issues of concern
to the unit
- Carry out mission projects concerning social agencies
- Collect Campbell Soup labels for agencies in Tennessee
- Collect Food of the Month for a Blount County food
- Collect and wrap Christmas in September Gifts for the children at
Bethlehem Center in Chattanooga
EDUCATION and INTERPRETATION
- Keep members aware of the work of the General Board of Global Ministries
and Women's Division
- Promote mission education opportunities such as the School of Christian
- Reading Program that encourages members to expand their horizions in all
areas of mission and spiritual growth
MEMBERSHIP NURTURE and OUTREACH
- Enlist new members
- Nurture current members in a supportive community
- Each member has a prayer partner who prays for her daily.
- Two prayer chains are organized to provide support for our church family
in times of need.
- Services to bereaved families are provided.
RECIPES, rev. ed.
A Collection of Cherished Recipes from Members and Friends of Peck's
Memorial United Methodist Church
To order a copy send a check or money order in the amount of $8.00 (includes postage) payable to Peck's
Memorial UMW and mail to:
Peck's Memorial United Methodist Church
2438 Wilkinson Pike
Maryville, TN 37803