The Operation Doctor program is the medical program area of Operation Classroom. We have chosen to respond to the invitation of the Sierra Leone and Liberia Annual Conferences of the UMC to jointly develop an interactive medical mission program. Its purpose is to help meet the public health needs of Liberia and Sierra Leone in the name of Christ.
Operation Doctor is in partnership with the UMC Kissy Hospital in Freetown, Sierra Leone, and the Ganta United Methodist Hospital, in Ganta, Liberia. Our goals are to assist the Sierra Leone Annual Conference to develop this clinic to be a self-sustaining medical center, and the Liberia Annual Conference to upgrade the Ganta Hospital.
Partnering with Kissy Hospital
Through our joint efforts, the Kissy Clinic has been revitalized and upgraded to a hospital. To continue our efforts, Operation Doctor:
- Provides the salary support for the medical doctor, Dennis Marke
- Provides funds for medications
- Provides funds for some basic renovations
- Provides meals for 30 malnourished children
- Assists in funding the HIV/AIDS (Friends) program
- Ships medical equipment and supplies
With the ultra sound, Kissy Hospital is more effective
providing quality health care.
You Can Help
You may participate by:
Sending or providing medical supplies, drugs, biologicals, and equipment. Download the latest needs list (.pdf file).
Provide financial support for:
- Salary support for the resident physician Dr. Marke.
- Purchase medical supplies, drugs, biologicals and other medical equipment.
- Pay for the shipment of these supplies to Sierra Leone and Liberia.
- Provide funds for transportation for volunteer medical personnel.
- Provide funds for the HIV/AIDS program.
- Provide $5 per month for one malnourished child.
- Ships medical equipment and supplies.
- Provides funds for various programs.
- Assists in renovating housing for volunteers.
- Assists in the promotion of the opportunities to partner with the hospital.
- Is developing a tele-medicine program for Liberia.
Send your tax deductible gift to: Operation Classroom, 359 Franklin Street, Valpariso IN 46383. Or you may send your gift through your local church to the General Board of Global Ministries.
Click here for more information on Kissy Hospital.
Partnering with Ganta Hospital
Operation Classroom has been in partnership with Ganta Hospital since 1988. Our major emphasis has been to assist in upgrading the water and electrical systems. We have also provided equipment, and funds for a number of programs at the hospital. Operation Doctor:
You Can Help
Send your tax deductible gift to:Operation Classroom, 359 Franklin Street, Valpariso IN 46383. Or you may send your gift through your local church to the General Board of Global Ministries.
Click here for more information on Ganta Hospital.