A Centennial Celebration was held on Labor Day Weekend 2000, celebrating 100 years of service
to our community. We have a 72-person membership from Millersburg, Onaway and Rogers City as
well as lake areas including Rainy Lake, Barnhart Lake, and Lake May.
Millersburg UMC is a traditional church and was organized in February 1900 shortly after the
first Pastor, Rev. Wm. Haines, arrived on the scene. He and the church forefathers set at once
the task of building a church. The site on Chandler Street was picked, the cornerstone
was laid in June and the completed edifice dedicated in early October.
The Alpena church helped the young church in many ways, giving pews, hymnals and prayerful
In April 1926, a spark ignited the roof shingles and the structure burned. The contents
were saved, so all that was needed was a building. The Baptist church, which had been
moved to Main Street, had been closed for some time. It was purchased and an addition
was immediately started. Extensive remodeling and renovation have continued throughout
the years to the present time. ***
Use The Back Arrow
(it is faster)
to load Main Page!
The content of these home pages is the
responsibility of The Millersburg United Methodist Church.
Please send feedback to: