To provide learning experiences for people of all ages so that they may grow in Christian Discipleship, better understanding the Gospel and better equipped for daily living as faithful Christians.
Responsibilities of the Committee
1. To work with the Director of Christian Education and Family Ministry to coordinate the planning and implementation of a comprehensive Christian Education ministry for the church.
2. To understand the goals and vision of the congregation so that they can become part of the education program.
3. To assure that people of all ages, and especially young people, have opportunities to consider their vocation as Christians.
4. To help all members of the congregation to grow in faith.
5. To be accountable to the Charge Conference through the Church Council.
Responsibilities of the Chairperson
1. To guide the work of the committee through the year, scheduling and convening the meetings, and planning the agendas.
2. To ensure that the congregation and pastor are informed about the work of the committee.
3. To participate fully in the Church Council.
4. To be accountable to the Charge Conference through the Church Council.
5. To submit annual budget requests to the Finance Committee.
6. To submit an annual report of the committee’s work.