To lead the congregation in becoming more faithful disciples; creating, supporting and supervising programs and ministries that help persons to grow in faith. Overseeing and supervising the institutional life of the congregation so that it supports and sustains its mission and ministry.
Responsibilities of the Council
1. To serve as the executive agency for the Charge Conference, overseeing and administering he program of the congregation.
2. To learn the hopes, concerns and needs of people in the community so that the church can serve more faithfully.
3. To initiate planning, set goals and objectives, and evaluate the effectiveness of the church’s ministry.
4. To encourage understanding of and commitment to inclusiveness in all aspects of the church’s life.
5. To provide effective leadership for the mission and ministry of the congregation.
6. To receive and review budget recommendations from the Finance Committee and recommend a budget to the Charge Conference.
7. To provide for the financial support, physical facilities, and legal obligations of the church..
8. To maintain appropriate relationships with District and Conference agencies and committees and to oversee the faithful commitment of Mission Shares.
9. To be accountable to the Charge Conference.
Responsibilities of the Chairperson
1. To guide the work of the Council through the year, scheduling and convening the meetings, and planning the agendas.
2. To help all leaders focus on their primary task.
3. To organize and promote planning and evaluation of the church’s work.
4. To ensure that the congregation is informed about the work of the Council.
5. To develop and maintain an open working relationship with the Pastor.
6. To be accountable to the Charge Conference.
7. To submit an annual report of the Council’s work.