of43 Hoyes Road
Sunday Worship: 9:00 a.m.
Sunday School: 10:15 a.m.
The little log church was replaced in 1877 by the little white church now in use.
On July 13 of that year, the first recorded funeral took place. The interior of the building was incomplete and some of the mourners were seated on the floor Joists.
In 1893, a bell, weighing 150 pounds, was placed in the specially building belfry at a cost of $36.
The first wedding took place on October 17, 1907, between Sarah Isabel Casteel and William Glotfelty, whose descendants still live in the community.
Eight stained glass windows were installed in 1948, along with a transom window over the front doors.
In 1954, a basement was dug and the church was moved approximately 50 feet onto its new foundation. This served as an assembly room with a kitchen. The basement was remodeled in March, 1993.
Many wonderfully devoted people have helped make the Hoyes
Church a beautiful place where all may come to worship, and know God's