Crestview United Methodist Preschool, crestviewpreschool.org, is open Monday through Friday, from 9-1, and serves 18 month olds through 4 year olds. We also have an extended day option M-Th from 1-2.
As a ministry of Crestview United Methodist Church, we provide an atmosphere of love and acceptance where children can thrive. We welcome, in Christian love, children of any race, religious belief or national heritage. Special needs children are accepted based on the preschool’s ability to meet their specific individual requirements.
The CUMP program is based on the interest, needs and abilities of the preschool-age child. We offer an educational experience through a well-planned program that provides opportunities for children to:
- become aware that their own feelings and emotions are natural and acceptable.
- learn to express themselves in constructive ways.
- grow in their understanding and enjoyment of themselves and others by
- learning to share, take turns and play cooperatively.
- be active learners by exploring and organizing their world.
- express curiosity and wonder at all the varied and interesting aspects of life.
- explore new books, games, materials and activities.
- try out new roles through dramatic play.
- build a strong background of concrete experiences for language and cognitive development.
All activities of the preschool are designed to be developmentally appropriate while meeting the needs of the individual child. Children’s discovery of themselves and their world is very exciting. Learning to participate in group activities enables children to make the transition to kindergarten with less stress. PLAY is children’s work.
Crestview United Methodist Preschool is certified by Austin Rising Star as a 4 Star Provider. This is the highest level of certification through the Rising Star program and is an indication of our commitment to excellence.