June 23 - HOLOS is Coming! Our new monthly Sunday evening worship starts June 23 at 5:30 in the worship center, and it's called Holos, the Greek word for whole (as in holistic).
All are welcome, though we're particularly trying to reach people who wouldn't feel at home in a typical church service. Stephen Castillo will lead music and bring the message; Pastor Linda will assist. Child care will be provided.
June 5 - Start up of New Summer Discussion Group called "Speaking of God"
Wednesday this summer, starting June 5, Stephen Castillo will lead a summer discussion group called Speaking of God. Each week he'll send participants a short story or article in advance, and we'll use that as a jumping-off point for talking about God; no question is too "dumb" and no idea is too far out for discussion! The reading for June 5 is a short story by G.K. Chesterton. We'll meet at Genuine Joe's Coffee House just down the street at 2001 W. Anderson Lane from 7:30 to 8:45 pm. Sign up in the foyer with your email address if you want to participate or call 451-1741.
June 19 - New Balance Class (Fall Prevention) to Begin
On June 19, a new Balance Class will be held at Crestview UMC on Wednesdays from 9:30am to 11:30am. The class will run for 8 sessions. To register, please sign up on the form in the church lobby or call 451-1741. The free class is for persons 60 and over.
June 24-27 - Save the Date for your kids to join in the Everywhere Fun Fair – Register your kids for the Everywhere Fun Fair – this summer’s VBS program for ages 4 through 5th grade. The “Everywhere Fun Fair : Where God’s World Comes Together” will happen Monday, June 24 through Thursday, June 27 from 5:00 – 7:30 pm each evening. Kids will meet neighbors from the Bible and from Japan, Zimbabwe, Mexico & Australia! Spread the word to your neighbors and friends. Sign up NOW!!!.
- Children's Underwear - Wooten Elementary is in need of children's underwear (new) sizes 4-12 and long pants sizes 4-8 for both boys and girls. They can be placed in the mission wagon in the foyer or call the office at 451-1741 for a drop off point.
- Comfort Shawls Needed - Our sanctuary needs comfort shawls to warm children and adults alike. If you would like to crochet or knit a shawl, sign up in the Lobby and feel free to use the donated yarn there. Colors do not matter -- just the service of your loving stitches.
- Wooten Circle of Friends - Our Crestview support team for Wooten Elementary, will be gearing up soon. See Pastor Linda if you can volunteer to be a classroom tutor, mentor, homework-helper, or general support person.
- Help set up Coffee and Juice - Are You Interested in helping with coffee/juice/donut time on Sunday morning before Sunday school? This means getting there about 8:30 to start the coffee, 20 cups of the regular and 20 cups of the decaf. Coffee, donuts and juice will all be there. If so, please call 453-5804.
- The Rachel Project - named in honor of Rachel Cooke, is a ministry to children removed from their homes following family disturbances. Cloth tote bags are made, filled with a soft blanket, coloring book, crayons, etc. and then kept in patrol cars for officers to give to children as they are removed from home and transferred to CPS or another agency. All are welcome to help sew the bags on Thursdays, at 9:30 am in the Blue Room, (Room 15). Or you can take a kit and work on it at home. Call the church office for more information 451-1741.
Please Note - The Rachel Project needs more volunteers to sew tote bags for children. Call either 459-0494 or 345-6717 to volunteer or for more information.