Our history is really the history of two churches which merged and then later united with a third.
On November 27, 1892, ten persons met to organize the Methodist Episcopal Church South, Indian Mission Conference, Oklahoma Territory with the Rev. J.M. Gross as the Presiding Elder.
By 1896 The Methodist Episcopal Church North was also established but the two voted for unification in 1923.
In 1928, efforts began to build a new church building for the now newly joined Methodist Church. The church building was finished in 1931. This two story brick structure featured beautiful art glass windows crafted by the St. Joseph Art Glass Works of St. Joseph, Missouri.
In 1968 the Evangelical United Brethren Church united nationally with the Methodist Church and we proudly became the BROADWAY UNITED METHODIST CHURCH, carrying on the proud tradition of Methodism.
NOTE: Material for this history was taken from the 1892-1992 CENTENNIAL HISTORY OF THE BROADWAY UNITED METHODIST CHURCH.
Copyright (c) 2007-2008 Broadway UMC All rights reserved.
Web Designer: Brenda Lang